The technicians, office, sales and management staff at SCR are experienced professionals who take enormous pride in their work. They are professionally licensed and certified in all areas of mechanical contracting. We believe it is essential to offer both career and personal growth opportunities. Our rationale is simple: employees with high work satisfaction will generate positive encounters with our customers and this ultimately results in the highest level of customer satisfaction. We never settle for anything less.
SCR’s Leadership Team
Our Staff Licenses & Certifications
- Master A heating License for the city of St. Cloud. Technicians with journeyman heating licenses for the city of St. Cloud are recognized by surrounding communities.
- Licensed throughout the State and the Twin Cities Metropolitan areas for HVAC and Refrigeration.
- Licensed Boiler Operators.
- Nate Certified Technicians.
- Low Voltage Power Limited License held by technicians.
- Universal Refrigerant certification held by technicians.
- NCI Air Balance Certifications.
Meet the Owners
Mike Fitch graduated from North Dakota State School of Science in 1974 with a degree in Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology. He started working for SCR full time in 1974 as a service technician.
Pat Welty graduated from Moorhead Vo-Tech in 1977 with a degree in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology and NDSU with a Bachelors of Science degree in University Studies. He started working for SCR in 1977 as a salesman.
Pat and Mike purchased the business from Don Fitch in 1985. Since that time they have continued to expand the business including two affiliate locations in the Brainerd Lakes area (Baxter) and Rochester. Our work force is currently made up of over 200 full time and part time employees.